Sunday, January 31, 2016

Limits on my love...and our family in Syria

My daughter yells, "NO! I'm not taking a shower!  And you can't make me!"

Moments like these have shown me where my ability to listen and express kindness is limited.  Thoughts, words, and actions of force, have won out at times.

I'm grateful for the learning I've done that has me feel peaceful when my child boldly declares her commitments now.  Deep breathing, thinking of her passionate stand as "underdeveloped leadership skills", and caring for myself have all contributed.

Today I discovered a new limit on my love...my perceived suffering of others.

When I hear of an event where people (especially children) are "hurt", I have been overtaken with emotions of sadness, grief, empathy.  In that state I am incapable of feeling peaceful.  The life within me (aka: soul, spirit) that consists of infinite love...I cannot feel.

Tomorrow (February 1, 2016) at 7am PST, my friend James will be overlooking villages of Syria as he resonates love from songs of peace with leaders of multiple faiths.

To feel peace for our Syrian family, I envision children there giggling & playing, joy-filled conversations at community meals, and people appreciating their neighbors in daily routines.

Here's a piece he did on Affirmative Prayer, to support the vision of tomorrow's concert.

Join in. Here's how: February 1 Details

❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment